UMW confirms rig contract with ConocoPhillips

first_imgFollowing Offshore Energy Today’s report last week on UMW securing a rig contract with ConocoPhillips, the Malaysian drillers has now officially confirmed the deal.UMW said in a Bursa Malaysia filing on Monday that the contract for the provision of the jack-up drilling rig Naga 4 was awarded by ConocoPhillips Sarawak Limited (COPSK), a subsidiary of ConocoPhillips.The driller said that the contract for the UMW Naga 4 was for two firm wells, with the option of two additional wells. The value of the contract for the firm well is estimated at $6.8 million.The activities on the first well will begin in the second quarter of 2018, off the coast of Sarawak, Malaysia.The drilling activities for the well are expected to take about 50 days.As for the UMW Naga 4, it is an independent-leg cantilever jack-up that has a drilling depth capability of 30,000 feet and a rated operating water depth of 400 feet.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

Ørsted Sets Carbon Neutrality by 2025 Target

first_imgAccording to the Danish company, the most important levers are the installation of 20GW of offshore and onshore wind by 2025, supported by a commitment to invest DKK 200 billion in green energy, and a complete phase-out of coal by 2023. As the leading developer of offshore wind, Ørsted has installed one-third of all offshore wind turbines globally. By driving out carbon emissions from its energy generation and operations, the company has reduced its carbon emissions by 86% compared to 2006. Corporate Knights recently named Ørsted as the world’s most sustainable company. Ørsted believes this will allow the reduction of its emissions by at least 98% by 2025, while the remaining emissions come from a variety of sources that are harder to abate. “We’ve transformed from producing energy based on fossil fuels to producing carbon neutral energy. We’ve seen a real strengthening of our business and shown that a rapid green turnaround is possible. A decade ago, we were one of Europe’s most coal-intensive utilities, and by 2025, we’ll be carbon neutral.” By becoming carbon neutral by 2025, Ørsted will be the first major energy company to reach net-zero emissions in its operations and energy generation. Ørsted has set a target to become carbon neutral by 2025 and achieve a carbon-neutral footprint by 2040. “We’ve come very far in reducing our emissions and Ørsted is more than two decades ahead of what is required by science to limit global warming to 1.5°C. We’ve now decided to take an additional step by making Ørsted a carbon neutral company already by 2025. Halting climate change requires action at all levels of society, and we need that action now. Especially within production and use of energy which account for 73% of all global emissions,” said Ørsted CEO, Henrik Poulsen. To achieve a carbon-neutral footprint by 2040, the company plans to gradually phase out natural gas trading activities while increasing the green share of power traded. last_img read more

Messi furious with Barcelona teammates after Real Madrid defeat

first_img “Messi was p****d off inside the locker room, naturally,” revealed Inda. “He said: ‘You can’t play that way against Real Madrid’. He repeated that several times.” Read Also:Beckham confirms Inter Miami’s interest in Messi,Ronaldo Messi’s anger overtook what coach Quique Setien planned to say, with Inda adding: “The players looked to Setién, who was quite taken aback after what has been seen as a deauthorisation of the coach.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Lionel Messi was furious after Barcelona’s defeat at Real Madrid on Sunday night. It comes after the Barca board determined that their talisman was isolated against Real Madrid The Barca captain was vocal with his anger in the away dressing room after the 2-0 loss. That’s according to Okdiario’s chief pundit Eduardo Inda, while speaking on El Chiringuito.Advertisementlast_img read more

Cameroon army blames accident for village ‘massacre’

first_imgBut army spokesman Colonel CyrilleAtonfack Guemo described the allegations as “duplicitous.” An army investigation, he said, foundthat the deaths happened after fuel was set ablaze during a gunfight withanglophone separatists. (AFP) The Cameroon government has been battling armed separatists in English-speaking regions since October 2017. AFP Up to 22 civilians, 14 of themchildren, died in the incident on Friday, according to the United Nations —deaths which opposition parties blamed on members of the armed forces. YAOUNDE – Cameroon’s army on Mondaydenied opposition charges that it had massacred villagers in a troubledEnglish-speaking region, blaming instead an “unfortunate accident” caused by anexplosion of fuel during a firefight.last_img read more

Hughes Sunflower Classic special is March 30, 31 at RPM Speedway

first_imgHAYS, Kan. – A familiar event runs under a slightly different name when RPM Speedway opens with its Mike ‘Huey’ Hughes Sunflower Classic on Friday and Saturday, March 30 and 31.Hughes, the long-time track announcer, writer and radio show host, died late last year.IMCA Modifieds run for $1,000 to win each night at Hays and both features are qualifying events for the Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational bal­lot.Also running both nights are IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars for $750 to win, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods both for $500 to win and Mach-1 Sport Com­pacts run for $200 to win.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, re­gional and IMCA State, but no local track points, will be awarded at the sixth annual event.Pit gates open at noon both days. Hot laps are at 4 p.m. and racing starts at 5 p.m. Gates open at 5 p.m. for the Thursday, March 29 open practice.Pit passes are $25 on Thursday and $30 on Friday and Saturday. One-time entry fees are $75 for Mod­ifieds, $50 for Stock Cars, $40 for Hobby Stocks and SportMods, and $30 for Sport Com­pacts.Transponders and RACEceivers are required. Reserved parking will be observed.More information is posted at www.rpmspeedway.net and is also avail­able from promoter Rod Bencken at 785 672-0123.MCA Modifieds run for $1,000 to win each night at Hays and both features are qualifying events for the Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational bal­lot.Also running both nights are IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars for $750 to win, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods both for $500 to win and Mach-1 Sport Com­pacts run for $200 to win.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, re­gional and IMCA State, but no local track points, will be awarded at the sixth annual event.Pit gates open at 2 p.m. both days. Hot laps are at 4 p.m. and racing starts at 5 p.m. Gates open at 5 p.m. for the Thursday, March 29 open practice.Pit passes are $25 on Thursday and $30 on Friday and Saturday. One-time entry fees are $75 for Mod­ifieds, $50 for Stock Cars, $40 for Hobby Stocks and SportMods, and $30 for Sport Com­pacts.Transponders and RACEceivers are required. Reserved parking will be observed.More information is posted at www.rpmspeedway.net and is also avail­able from promoter Rod Bencken at 785 672-0123.last_img read more

Claudio Ranieri claims he knew Roman Abramovich would sack him

first_img Ranieri has taken Leicester top this season in a stunning comeback to English football after replacing Nigel Pearson in the summer – and they will return to the summit with victory against the Blues after Manchester City and Arsenal moved ahead of them over the weekend. But the Italian knew his number was up at Chelsea once Abramovich moved in. He said: “Yes, immediately. The chief executive (Trevor Birch) told me there is a new owner and I said ‘me and you are the first who go home’. You imagine, the new owner arrives and he wants to put in his own men. It is normal. “If the new owner wants to change something, it is normal. I wanted to show our best and we bought some good players. I wanted to win something. “In July Abramovich wanted to bring Sven Goran Eriksson, who was the manager of the (England) national team. It wasn’t possible for him and he said ‘OK start and we’ll see what we can buy’.” A year after he left Chelsea won the title under Mourinho with the core of the squad signed by Ranieri. He brought Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Claude Makelele to the club and had already agreed to sign Petr Cech while also targeting Didier Drogba and Arjen Robben before he left. He added: “Nobody needed to tell me ‘thank you’, why? Press Association The Leicester boss faces his former side on Monday for the first time in the Barclays Premier League since being axed in 2004. Jose Mourinho replaced him at Stamford Bridge after Ranieri had guided Chelsea to second, a year after Abramovich took control in 2003. “I chose Petr Cech and had been to Eindhoven to take Robben and I suggested Drogba but that is it. “I think we made a very good performance my third year, without taking no player we arrived fourth. “And we achieved the Champions League, for this Roman Abramovich bought the team.” Claudio Ranieri has admitted he knew he would be fired by Chelsea as soon as Roman Abramovich bought the club.last_img read more

Estwick reminds much at stake for West Indies in final ODI

first_imgBRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) – West Indies may have already conceded the three-match one-day series to England but bowling coach Roddy Estwick has warned there is still much at stake in tomorrow’s final encounter at Kensington Oval.We’re still playing for points,” Estwick emphasised to reporters here yesterday.“We’re still trying to qualify for the World Cup so every game is very, very important, so we still have to go out there and look to win the game.“Even though the series is gone it doesn’t matter. We need points and we need them badly so we have to come out on Thursday and put a good performance in.”West Indies currently languish at number nine in the international ODI rankings, one spot outside the automatic qualifying places for the 2019 World Cup in England.If they fail to make the top eight by the cut-off point of September 30, they will be forced to go through a qualifying tournament involving ICC associate and affiliate teams.Last weekend in Antigua, the Caribbean side suffered two setbacks in the attempt to boost their ranking, losing the opening ODI to England by 45 runs and the second by four wickets.But despite the defeats, Estwick believes there is no gulf between the qualities of the two teams.“We’re not that far away from England,” the former Barbados pacer said.“If you look at the two games, we didn’t play the big moments very well but once we can get those critical moments right, I’m sure we can come up with a win.”With most of their experienced stars missing, West Indies have fielded an inexperienced line-up, with rookies like Jason Mohammed, Shai Hope, Jonathan Carter and Kraigg Brathwaite carrying the burden of the batting.Combined, the quartet managed just 38 ODIs, with captain Jason Holder being the most experienced player in the current side with 51 matches.Estwick pointed out that West Indies were currently in a rebuilding phase involving young players but said once the learning was completed, he expected the side to challenge.“All of these boys are 23, 24 … (they) don’t have 173 One-Day games between (them) so they are learning every day,” he noted.“The key thing is to learn and the key thing is for us to keep teaching them because once teaching takes place then learning takes place so that’s what we’ve got to keep doing.“They’ll make mistakes and they’ll be inconsistent because they’re inexperienced but as they continue to grow I’m sure we’ll be alright.”last_img read more

Chelsea Faces Two-year Transfer Ban

first_imgChelsea allegedly face the threat of a two-year transfer ban following a FIFA investigation into their signing of foreign under-18 players, including former striker Bertrand Traore.Based on documents from Football Leaks, French website Mediapart claims 19 Chelsea signings have been looked at in a three year-long investigation.Mediapart alleges that 14 of those signings were under the age of 18. In a statement, Chelsea said it had “fully co-operated with FIFA”.The club also said it had “provided comprehensive evidence demonstrating its compliance with the applicable FIFA regulations”.According to Mediapart, FIFA’s integrity and compliance unit has recommended Chelsea are handed a transfer ban covering four transfer windows, as well as a fine of £45,000.It was first reported in September 2017 that Chelsea were being investigated.“The proceedings are ongoing and, to date, no decision has been passed by the FIFA judicial bodies,” football’s world governing body FIFA said in a statement.Burkino Faso international Traore – who now plays for Ligue 1 club Lyon – signed his first professional contract at Chelsea in 2013 at the age of 18 but was not registered until January 2014.Mediapart claims FIFA found evidence that Chelsea had misled them over the dates, while Traore was found to have made 25 appearances for the Blues (under-16, under-18 and first team) despite not being registered by the Football Association.Chelsea have also admitted they paid his mother £155,000, as well as a further £13,000 to the club she chaired – AJE Bobo-Dioulasso – in April 2011 to allow them first refusal over his signature.That deal, it is alleged, was for four-and-a-half years, despite the limit for under-18s being only three years.In addition, it is also claimed Chelsea paid for Traore to attend the £20,000-a-year Whitgift School in Surrey.Should they be handed a transfer ban, Chelsea will be the latest club to receive such punishment after similar incidences in La Liga.Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have both previously received bans for breaching rules over the signing of minors in early 2016, while Barcelona were given a 14-month ban after breaking rules for signing international under-18s in 2014.FIFA bans the transfer of under-18s to different countries unless they meet strict criteria. It brought in the rules to help protect children from exploitation and trafficking.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Short Sellers target UK betting’s regulatory exposure

first_img Submit Share Share City news sources report that an £80 million bet has been placed against GVC Holdings, believing that the FTSE250 betting group’s share price will significantly devalue within the coming weeks.The short position against GVC has been taken by Chicago-based hedge fund Citadel, a $32 billion fund led by renowned activist investor Ken Griffin.Citadel analysts have confidence in betting that GVC’s share price will devalue, driven by a belief that UK gambling incumbents will face further regulatory disruption in 2020.Speculating on the decline of a company’s value, short-selling sees investors borrow shares from banks. The shares are sold with the hope of buying the investment cheaply when the prices decline, with investors pocketing the difference.This weekend, citing data from London markets analyst IHS Markit, The Sunday Times branded GVC Holdings as the UK’s most bet against company by reporting that £180 million of its shares (3.7% cap) had been taken up by short-sellers.FTSE counterpart Flutter Entertainment is reported as another UK betting firm targeted by market short-sellers with 7.5% of its shares reported to be ‘out on loan’.UK gambling incumbents face a critical six-month trading period, in which the UK government will enforce its industry-wide credit card ban on 14 April.Furthermore, UK betting leadership waits for the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) to confirm the regulatory scope and criteria for its review of the 2005 Gambling Act, which could see further restrictions imposed on operators.Following a year of regulatory adjustments, this week City analysts await for the publication of full-year results of UK betting’s leading operators, commencing with William Hill (26 February) and followed by Flutter and Stars Group Inc ( 28 February). GVC Holdings will close the FTSE roster by publishing accounts on Thursday 5 March. GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile  August 25, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles Martin Lycka – Regulatory high temperatures cancel industry’s ‘silly season’ August 11, 2020last_img read more

Fifa president Sepp Blatter told to stand down next year

first_imgFifa president Sepp Blatter has been urged to quit next year because of the damage corruption allegations have inflicted on football’s governing body.Michael van Praag, boss of the Dutch Football Association, told Blatter he should not seek re-election in 2015.”Few people still take Fifa seriously and, however you look at it, Blatter is mainly responsible,” said Van Praag.Greg Dyke, chairman of the English FA, said Blatter’s response to corruption claims over Qatar 2022 was worrying.The Sunday Times alleges disgraced Qatari football official Mohamed Bin Hammam made illegal payments to football officials in return for their support for Qatar’s successful World Cup bid.”These allegations need to be properly investigated and properly answered,” said Dyke. “Mr Blatter, many of us are deeply troubled by your reaction to these allegations.”Blatter claim totally unacceptable – DykeFifa has been plagued by allegations of corruption for a number of years and is currently trying to deal with claims that the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups was flawed.Addressing Blatter at a meeting of European football officials in Brazil, Van Praag said: “You are not making things easy for yourself and I do not think you are the man for the job any longer.”Fifa’s image has deteriorated because of everything that’s happened in recent years. “People link Fifa to corruption and bribery and all kinds of old boy’s networks.”Van Praag’s comments come a day after Blatter claimed allegations of corruption levelled at Qatar following its successful bid to stage the 2022 World Cup were motivated by racism.Dyke said he had told Blatter at Tuesday’s meeting that his remarks were “totally unacceptable”.He added: “The allegations being made are nothing to do with racism. They are allegations about corruption.”Blatter was also urged to step down by Uefa vice-president David Gill. The former Manchester United chief executive said it was “disappointing” Blatter had decided to run again.Asked whether he thought Blatter should step down next year, Gill added: “Personally, yes. I think we need to move on.”last_img read more