Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#26yearsnomeaslesinTCIthreatened, #magneticmedianews, #WestJetcrewmeaslesscare Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 11, 2017 – Providenciales – The Ministry of Health explains that the possible reintroduction of measles into the country through an airline worker last month is being taken seriously and an investigation into the potential impact was launched. The crew member from WestJest who was confirmed to have measles did not deplane when the flight from Canada landed in Providenciales.The information comes following the Ministry of Health’s investigation into the case, unofficially reported to them, but confirmed by the Canadian Public Health Agency through the assistance of PAHO. A worker for WestJest on March 24 flew into Provo and was days later found to have had measles. The crew member worked seven flights, and although the crew member did not deplane, because of the contact with passengers, who were visitors in the island, it is still necessary for the surveillance system to be vigilant and extra sensitive to detect any secondary cases early.Measles has not been seen in the TCI for 26 years explained the Ministry of Health, which also reported that 95% of residents are covered with the MMR vaccine. The Surveillance team called the possible re-introduction of measles a threat to the resident population and to the over one million guests who visit annually.Health is asking anyone who believes they may have been exposed to measles to contact a primary health care clinic nurse, right away.#MagneticMediaNews#26yearsnomeaslesinTCIthreatened#WestJetcrewmeaslesscare
KUSI Newsroom New report highlights overtime, staffing issues facing SD Fire-Rescue Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: February 13, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI)- An independent audit highlights how much San Diego Fire-Rescue is spending on overtime for its firefighters.Joining KUSI to discuss those overtime and staffing issues facing his department is Fire-Rescue Chief Colin Stowell.For more information on the audit: https://bit.ly/2DyGYdZ KUSI Newsroom, Updated: 6:33 PM February 13, 2019
“Half of the battle with video on the web is not just the content, but what environment people are viewing that content in,” he says. “If you look at a CNN or any live network, they’re able to post video on-demand at a much faster rate because they’re producing that content live. We now have that same capability so the hope is to create a more immediate presence on the site.”SI Now will air daily from 1-1:30 p.m. ET—a high-traffic time for the site—with three primary segments including breaking news, an in-depth report and a guest interview.While the live show is a first for Time Inc., it’s part of a growing amount of sports talk video content available online.Broadcasters like ESPN, NBC Sports and the CBS Sports Network—along with the soon-to-be-launched Fox Sports channel—have 24-hour networks to draw from, while digital-only brands like SBNation, Bleacher Report and Sporting News have broken into the format as well.Orefice admits it’s a crowded marketplace, but says the challenge is nothing new for the brand.”Sports coverage is saturated as is, so you can ask the same question about how Sports Illustrated differentiates itself from the competition: Better analysis, better context,” he says. “We’re trying to bring that voice to life in a talk-show format.”To stay updated on the latest FOLIO: news, become a Facebook fan and follow us on Twitter! Building on Time Inc.’s new digital video unit, Sports Illustrated is launching a live daily sports talk show next week.The project, titled SI Now and sponsored by Ford, will be a 30-minute streaming broadcast that branches out from the prerecorded studio segments, features and the occasional live special the brand has been putting out since 2010. The SI video team that will now oversee production of the new show has grown from two to 10 in that time.To this point, SI’s video strategy has been focused on providing contextual experiences for the viewer, says Ian Orefice, executive producer of news and sports for Time Inc. It’s something they’ll focus on with SI Now, pairing clips from the show with other relevant content living on the site. As the news cycle continues to shrink, immediacy becomes increasingly relevant to that context.
FAIRFIELD, CT – Jackie Champoux, of Wilmington, was named to the Dean’s List of Sacred Heart University for the Fall 2018 semester.About Sacred Heart UniversitySacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 70 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., and satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. More than 8,000 students attend the University’s five colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; the Jack Welch College of Business; and the Isabelle Farrington College of Education. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides Best 379 Colleges – 2015 Edition, “Best in the Northeast” and Best 296 Business Schools – 2015 Edition. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU among the best master’s universities in the North in its annual “America’s Best Colleges” publication. SHU fields 32 division I athletic teams and has an award-winning program of community service.(NOTE: The above announcement is from Sacred Heart University.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSTUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Ferreira & Knibbs Named To Dean’s List At QuinnipiacIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: 3 Wilmington Students Named To Dean’s List At MCPHSIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Adam Riekstins Named To Dean’s List At Belmont UniversityIn “Education”
WILMINGTON, MA — The WHS Girls Varsity Tennis Team were defeated by Burlington High, 4-1, on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at Wilmington High School.Wilmington senior Emily Hill was defeated by Madison Metzdorf, 7-6, 6-3.Wilmington junior Carolyn Roney was defeated by Liz Gillespie, 7-5, 6-2.Wilmington senior Lia Kourkoutas defeated Tess Alorevaya, 6-4, 6-0.Wilmington senior Jessica D’Arco and sophomore Lauren D’Arco were defeated by Nih Seererom and Kadey Pustizzi, 6-1, 6-0.Wilmington sophomore Jessica Murray and sophomore Johanna Robinson were defeated by Annabel Willey and Neha Panke, 1-6, 6-2, 6-1.The WHS Girls Varsity Tennis Team defeated Wakefield High, 4-1, on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at Wilmington High School.Wilmington senior Emily Hill defeated Erica Pecjo, 6-0, 6-1.Wilmington junior Carolyn Roney defeated Hannah Guay, 6-3, 6-2.Wilmington senior Lia Kourkoutas defeated Kelly Kouriahn, 6-0, 6-0.Wilmington senior Jessica D’Arco and sophomore Lauren D’Arco defeated by Ellie Koutrosis and Marina Gover, 6-2, 6-1.Wilmington sophomore Jessica Murray and sophomore Vidni Shah were defeated, 6-4, 6-0.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWHS GIRLS TENNIS: Wildcats Defeat Stoneham & Wakefield On Back-To-Back DaysIn “Sports”WHS GIRLS TENNIS: Wildcats Win Third Matchup In Three DaysIn “Sports”WHS GIRLS TENNIS: Wilmington Defeats Arlington High, Qualifies For State TournamentIn “Sports”
Indian stock markets plunged yet again with the benchmark BSE Sensex falling nearly 600 points on Tuesday, amid concerns over China’s slowing growth and weak domestic cues.Sensex fell 586 points or 2.24% to close at 25,696, reverting to levels seen on 24 August, when it posted its biggest intra-day fall in seven years amid a massive sell-off in global markets.Among the sectoral indices, bankex, realty and metal were the biggest losers, falling by over 3% each. Stock prices of real estate developer DLF fell over 4% to close at Rs 106.25 , while Punjab National Bank (PNB) shares dropped 7.25% to end at Rs 134.35.Meanwhile, the Shanghai composite index also tumbled over 3% in the morning trade, as data showed that manufacturing activity in the country fell to three-year low in August. However, the index pared some losses to close at 3,166 points, down 1.23%.On the domestic front, the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of 7% in the first quarter was well below market expectations. The weaker-than-expected growth figure weighed on the investors sentiment, dragging the Indian stock markets down.”When you analyse the GDP data, we see that things could have been better, but unfortunately things are going relatively slow. The only silver lining out of all this particularly gloomy numbers is that we are seeing the spending from the government side, which is on the rise,” says Deven Choksey, MD, KR Choksey Securities, in an interview to ET Now.The sell-off was also triggered by renewed expectations of an interest rate hike by the US central bank in September. The US stock markets ended lower on Monday after comments from a senior official of the US Federal Reserve signaled at a possible rate hike this month.Besides, rising global crude oil prices led to a heavy sell-off. Brent crude oil prices rose for the third consecutive session on Monday, posting biggest three-day gains since August 1990.”Brent has achieved a price gain of a good 25%, while WTI is up by more than 27%. In both cases, these are their most pronounced three-day increases since August 1990, when Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein invaded the neighbouring country of Kuwait, causing oil prices to soar,” said Commerzbank Corporates & Markets in a note.However, a rise in crude oil prices is not good for the domestic economy, as it may push inflation rate up undermining the prospects of interest rate cuts by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).”Rise in crude oil prices is not going to be good news for markets and it is also probably not going to be good news for the Indian economy,” said Atsi Seth of Moody’s Investor Services.
People wait for their turn to fill fuel at a petrol pump in Lucknow, India, November 9, 2016.Reuters fileAfter rallying up for weeks, the fuel prices have started coming down in India, much to the relief of the public. Petrol and diesel prices have started continued to fall for the fifth straight day on Monday, February 12. Petrol price across the metro cities in India saw a dip of 21-22 paise per liter while the diesel price declined by 28-30 paise per liter on Monday alone. According to Indian Oil Corporation’s website, petrol is priced at Rs 80.87 per liter in Mumbai, Rs 73.01 per liter in Delhi, Rs 75.7 per liter in Kolkata, and Rs 75.73 per liter on Monday. Diesel is priced at Rs 67.75 per liter in Mumbai, Rs 63.62 per liter in Delhi, Rs 66.29 per liter in Kolkata and Rs 67.09 per liter in Chennai.Also Read: Fuel prices burn pockets: Petrol costs Rs 81.24 per liter in MumbaiAt present rate of global crude oil, rupee-dollar exchange rate, excise duty, and VAT (Value Added Tax) levied by the ministry and state governments etc are the major deciding factors of fuel prices in India.In India, state-owned petrol and diesel retailers have adopted the daily price revision system from June 2017 by putting an end to the 15-year-old practice of revising fuel rates on 1st and 16th of every month. Under the new dynamic daily pricing system, diesel and petrol rates are revised every dayIn Union Budget 2018, finance minister Arun Jaitley reduced basic excise duty on petrol and diesel by Rs 2 per liter. He also announced the introduction of a new Road and Infrastructure Cess of Rs 8 per liter. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council may consider the proposal to bring fuel rates under GST structure in its next meeting. Currently, the fuel prices are out of the GST regime.
The reported location of the accident (Image: Inrix) UPDATE: This has now cleared We’re getting reports of delays due to at least one accident on the A500 in Stoke-on-Trent this evening rush hour. Inrix, the traffic data company, reports one lane is blocked and traffic is queueing due to an accident on the northbound D-roiad near the A53 Etruria Road/Etruria Way ( Basford Roundabout). Congestion is reported back to the A50/Sideway Roundabout. Lane two (of two) is reported to be closed, with Inrix reporting the accident has happened just pas the entry slip road onto the northbound A500 from Basford roundabout. We are also getting reports of disruption around the junction with the A52 Shelton Old Road. Traffic England currently reports 20 minute delays against expected traffic. We’ll bring you live updates as we get them on the feed below. Read MoreBusy Stoke-on-Trent crossroads to close overnight for next three nights Want to keep up to date with the latest traffic and travel news?Each day Stoke-on-Trent Live journalists bring you the latest news on the roads and railways across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire, South Cheshire and further afield to help keep you on the move. For the very latest updates on roads including the M6, A500, A50 and more, visit our dedicated traffic and travel news channel here. We also run a live news feed each weekday, which you can access on our website’s homepage from 7am to 9pm from Monday to Friday. And for more as-we-get-it updates on the roads across the region and beyond, join The Sentinel’s traffic and travel Facebook group here.19:13Traffic clearingThe traffic is now clearing.18:35Latest from INRIX Queueing traffic and partially blocked due to multi-vehicle accident on A500 D Road Southbound near A53 Etruria Road / Etruria Way (Basford Roundabout), congestion to A527 Porthill Road / Longbridge Hayes Road / Longbridge Hayes Road (Porthill Bank).A multi-vehicle accident involving four vehicles has happened just past the Basford Roundabout Junction. There is also an accident on the A500 D Road Northbound just past the entry slip road from Basford Roundabout closing lane two (of two). 18:20OngoingDelays are continuiong on the A500 this evening.17:50Reports slip road also blocked There are reports the A500 Entry slip road from Basford Roundabout is also blocked. 17:21Four vehicles reported to be involvedOne eye-witness reports four vehicles are invovled in the crash and traffic is building
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]The Star Family sends it’s luck and best wishes, to Harry Macadam, before his voyage, tomorrow, to Angola.Harry has acquired a betting-licence (I’ll tell you how another time!), to set up Bungabet.com, and is leaving Blighty to make his fortune.In a world of enormous, faceless corporations, without one iota of class or character, here is an independent-bookmaker, a one-man-band, still risking all to make his mark on the game.Harry, you’ve been the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Don’t look back now. And you make sure that you get your hands on every last penny you can. SET ‘EM ALIGHT, KID.In other news:[dropcap]F[/dropcap]or many years, myself and Harry, always said that our dream dinner, would be with, now Star mega-Punter, ‘The Dark Knight’. Well, about 5 or 6 years ago, I summoned up the courage to approach him, at his summer London abode, and I suppose that the rest is now history. But along with blagging him into betting with me, I also organised this dinner. The DK parted with much wisdom, and we revelled in our moment of glory, talking about the evening, again and again, for months afterwards. One thing he said that night was ‘I back the man, not the deal’. Well, I suppose, Harry, you’re going to have to show us all now, that you are ‘The Man’. HAPPY MEMORIES.Over and out, B x